Sunday 29 May 2011

Crossfit Games

Being at the crossfit games this weekend was one of the craziest experiences. This was my first time being part of the games and it was in the role of the judge. Being a judge was quite strange, I felt nervous every time I was judging, but not because I thought I would make a mistake, it was because I was nervous for the competitors. As a judge it is my job to ensure the standards of each movement are met on every rep and that the playing field is as even as possible. In the short time you spend with the athlete you go over the movement standards to ensure you don't have to call no rep and that they understand the standards. Like I said I felt so nervous for all of the athletes and each athlete I judged I developed some sort of relationship with. In an arena full of total strangers I built friendships and made many new contacts. Crossfitters are some of the most upstanding individuals everyone is friendly, energetic, and so positive.

Exercise and proper nutrition clearly contribute to the over all happiness of these people, maybe that's why everyone there was such an upstanding individual. When you exercise you feel good, when you eat well you feel good, and when you look and feel good from committing to your health you learn more about yourself and become more successful in everything you do. Exercising isn't only about getting fit, it's also about developing good habits for life. Every time you exercise and provide your body with good nutrition you are practicing being successful and winning. Turn winning into a habit and win at everything you do.

Be happy