Friday 15 July 2011

Mental strength

Mental strength is the difference between success and failure, it's what separates the mediocre from the great and it's something that every one can improve on.


This is the way I look at life. Life is a series of challenges, every day presents a number of challenges and your ability to complete tasks in a productive and timely manner will indicate the amount of success you have in life. The more efficient you are at completing these small tasks the more time and energy you will have to do other things which will ultimately lead to your over all success and happiness.  Every task, chore, challenge, and obstacle you come across is achievable but your mental strength and preparedness will determine whether you succeed or fail. Believe it or not you have the potential to achieve anything but being unprepared and in the wrong mindset can lead to failure. 


How can you improve?
Every time I am in the gym I practice good habits and success. It starts in the morning or the day before, I plan out my day and my meals and make sure I get enough sleep so that I have the energy to leap over any obstacles that may get in my way. By preparing one day in advance I am not only preparing my body but I am preparing my mind. I have gone over in my head at least 10 times of what my entire day will look like and at the same time I am ready for any monkey wrenches that get thrown into my plans. I've packed 3 meals, my gym stuff, I've got my wallet, house keys and bus pass and I'm off to work. Everything goes smooth but I forgot water (monkey wrench) this is going to effect my training later tonight. I get to the gym prepared with my workout that I've gone over in my head several times, I have my journal, gym clothes and some chalk or tape. Every exercise I am succeeding and every rep is a point in the win couloumb for me. These points are small mental victories that will aid me later in my workout and in the days and weeks to come.


Now I could be thinking about other things like "oh I forgot to drink my quota of water today I shouldn't be able to do so many reps" or you can focus on each individual rep. Think this: if rep 1 was easy then so should the next and the next and the next. Don't let your mind wander from the task at hand and you will be a winner every time. Again I'd like to point out that anything is possible, and I may have watched hook one to many times as a kid but if you can convince your mind that it is impossible to fail ten it is. 


I am at a hypnotist show and there are two stools on stage, a lady who is hypnotized is asked to place her heels on one and the back of her head on the other and remain sturdy as a plank. The hypnotist then jumps onto her midsection and remains standing there for several minutes. Once the mind has been convinced of something it is impossible not to succeed. power of the mind.


The mind is a powerful tool and  training your mental strength by testing your body can have a tremendous impact on the way you live life. Don't just let life throw things at you, catch them throw them back and own  your life, get out there and attack it and begin to live life and succeed.


Don't be satisfied with glowing, Shine!